Monday, August 7, 2017

Proud Basketball mom

I often speak and write about my son, but I also have a lovely daughter, Savyon, who is nine years old. She too plays basketball, as I reported in Basketball Mom, and is amazing. As a rising fifth grader, talented dancer and interested cook, her dad and I could not be more proud, or so we thought. Savyon works hard in school and on the court. Even though it is a junior league that she is a part of, winning is still important and that is what her and her St. Joan of Arc teammates did against the Renaissance Knights.

Championship Win

Savyon and her Coach
I am shouting a major congratulations to Savyon and her team for meeting this challenge with strength, courage and hard work, it really paid off. Playing sports is extremely beneficial for children. It has been shown to:
  • Improve physical health
  • Develop social skills
  • Build confidence
  • Increase self-esteem
  • Foster positive competition
  • Create superstar athletes 
I want all of these things for my children, even if it does not result in a million dollar contract. I am so happy for my daughter and her team and continue blushing as the proud basketball mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proud Basketball mom

I often speak and write about my son, but I also have a lovely daughter, Savyon, who is nine years old. She too plays basketball, as I repo...